COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines in accordance with MHDSA restrictions:
- Masks are required at all times.
- If you are not feeling well or exhibiting any symptoms,
- All product sampling and cooking demonstrations are suspended.
- Market stall spacing and aisle widths will be at 6 ft spacing to allow customers and vendors to distance themselves safely.
- Pre-package all items before coming to the market as applicable.
- Clearly and legibly post product lists with prices so that customers can distance themselves from you and your booth and still see what you have to offer. Set up your booth in a way that minimizes/eliminates a customer’s ability to touch your products. For example, set up a table in front of you with a product list and a table behind you with the product. Customers can tell you what product(s) they want and you can get it for them.
- Sanitize your market equipment and containers. Look to the Centers for Disease Control and
- Prevention (CDC) Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations for guidance.
- During the market, routinely clean and disinfect “high touch” items such as tables, cash boxes, and touch screens on point-of-sale devices.
- When possible, staff your booth with two people with distinct roles where one person handles the currency transaction with the customer while a second person handles the product. These two individuals should maintain their distinct roles and wash their hands if/when they switch between the task of handling currency versus handling product.